What is Apitherapy?
Apitherapy is a kind of healing therapy where people are treated directly from the products that are made of honey. It has been found very useful in treating various diseases and tone down their symptoms. It can also remove chronic injuries and acute pain. It has been used for a thousand years before the introduction of western medicine.
The products that can be made out honey
· Bee Venom - Bee Venom is produced by female worker bees of the group. The bee venom can be delivered inside the body directly through the bee sting. Using a stainless steel micro-mesh, the bee sting could be administered in the body. It allows the venom to go inside the skin, but at the same time, stops the stinger from being attached to the skin, and this kills the bee.
· Honey - Honey is what bees are known for all over the world. Honey is a sweet substance that is produced by the bee and can also be harvested. It has a lot of medicinal properties.
· Pollen - It is rich in vitamins and nutrients. Pollen is collected from plants by the male reproductive bees.
· Royal Jelly - The queen bee of the hive eats the Royal Jelly. It is rich in nutrients as well.
· Propolis - It is anti-viral and anti-fungal. Propolis is made by bees in order to guard the hive from threats, like viruses and bacteria.
· Beeswax - Honey and Pollen are stored inside the beeswax by the bees and also make their hives. Beeswax is very commonly used in cosmetic products.
All the products that are made for apitherapy are completely natural.
Diseases and injuries that apitherapy can cure
· Multiple Infections
· Multiple Sclerosis
· Pain in body
· Body burns
These are only some of the diseases and injuries that are mentioned. It can cure a lot more problems. It is also reported to improve mental prowess.
Advantages of Using Apitherapy
1. Arthritis pain
It has a lot of anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. Bee Venom Therapy (BVT) has been used for thousands of years since ancient Greece to remove the pain of arthritis.
BVT helps to reduce swelling and pain of people who suffer from arthritis. A recent study also revealed that it can reduce the need for traditional medications as well.
2. Healing of wounds
Honey is very effective against treating wounds. Be it open cuts or burns in the body, it can heal the wound. Using honey to treat wounds has also been reported to reduce the risk of infection as well.
3. Removing allergies
One of the types of honey - local wildflower honey, can treat various kinds of allergies. It can also soothe sore throats, which are caused by allergies. People suffering from cough will also be relived after using this honey. Consuming honey daily will be able to build an immune system against allergies in less time.
One of the great things about honey is that it also acts as a multi-vitamin since it has a lot of vitamins and nutrients. It can be used as an oral supplement as well.