Honey bees need a good residence to flourish and they never bear any offensive conduct. If you are new to the...
What Are The Benefits Of Using Propils
We all are aware that bees produce honey and are very beneficial to us but, do we know there is one more thing that bee’s produce called Propolis.
Propolis is basically a gum kind of substance which is made by mixing the juice taken from trees and beeswax. With this combination, they create a sticky brown product used mainly to coat their hives. The configuration of propolis may fluctuate depending on the bee’s location and what kind of plant or tree they are taking the gum or resin from. Like the propolis from India may have a different composition than in Europe.
Benefits of Propolis
Since ages, propolis is used for many health benefits. Studies have documented more than 300 compounds in Propolis. The key portion is polyphenols, which are antioxidants that fight disease and injury in the body. Propolis is used to cure different kinds of infections caused by bacteria, viruses, and fungus. It is thought to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties which may cure diseases like tuberculosis, HIV, Swine flu and many more. It is also used to treat warts and gastrointestinal problems.
Medical Treatment using Propolis
· Cold Sores and Canker Sores: Canker sores are an infection caused inside the mouth or on the base of the gums. This can be treated by taking propolis in mouth for at least a year. Cold sores can be treated by applying ointment, which consists of 3% of Propolis. which will heal the sore and reduce the pain.
· Minor Burns: For minor burns, one can apply propolis which will not only treat burns but will also stop the infection.
· Genital Herpes: These sores are caused by herpes simplex virus and can be cured by applying a 3% Propolis ointment.
· Mouth Surgery: Swelling and pain after mouth surgery can be reduced by doing mouth rinse with Propolis at least 5-6 times a day for one week.
· Thrush: Oral thrush can be cured by using Brazilian green Propolis extract 4 times daily for 7 days.
Is It Safe To Consume?
If you are allergic to bees or bee products, then you should probably avoid taking Propolis in any way as it can cause allergy. Propolis is considered safe to be taken through the mouth or applied on skin correctly.
Below mentioned are few precautions or warning to be taken care:
· Pregnancy or Breast-Feeding: We don’t have enough trustworthy data about the safety of consuming Propolis in pregnancy or breast-feeding. Thus, stay away from propolis's consumption in this stage.
· Allergies: If you are allergic to bee or bee products including honey, conifers, poplars, then you should avoid the intake of Propolis.
· Asthma: Asthma patients should avoid using Propolis as it is believed that some chemicals in Propolis can make the condition worse.
· Surgery: One should stop using Propolis before surgery (at least 2 weeks) as the chemicals in propolis have a tendency to slow the process of blood clotting and increase the risk of bleeding during surgery.
The exact dosage of propolis depends on many aspects like age, health and other medical conditions. Always keep in mind that natural products are not necessarily safe to intake and correct dosage guidance is required. Thus, it is recommended to take Propolis under doctor or physician guidance only.
Leave a comment
Login to post comments