Honey bees need a good residence to flourish and they never bear any offensive conduct. If you are new to the...
Pros And Cons Of Using Taktic Bee Treatment For Varroa Mites
Varroa Mites are dangerous parasites that pose a big risk to the honey bee hives. This small creature has enough power to completely destroy a honey bee hive gradually. So, as a beekeeper, you need to ensure that your hive is Varroa mite free. There are several treatments available to eliminate this mite while Taktic bee treatment is one such highly effective way to get rid of the Varroa mites. This treatment is highly popular all across the globe and it’s been used by the beekeepers for quite long.
More about the Taktic bee treatment and its pros cons are explained here in details.
Taktic Bee Treatment:
This is a powerful miticide that contains 12.5% Amitraz as its active ingredient. And this ingredient is highly powerful to kill the Varroa mites effectively. Taktic is available in various forms such as powder, liquid and strip. All the forms are equally effective and can eliminate the mites soon. Sprinkle some powder, or spray the Taktic liquid in the beehive carefully. Once the mites come in touch of the Taktic on the bee, they fall off the bees.
Pros of Using Taktic Bee Treatment:
· Taktic bee treatment is highly effective to clear mites from the beehives if they have not developed any resistance. This treatment kills all the mites in the hives fast and makes the hive Varroa mite free.
· The effect of Taktic bee treatment lasts for quite long. So, once you have applied this powder or liquid, its effect will stay for long time.
· Taktic bee treatment solution is very easy to store. You can store it for at least two years and the power will remain the same.
· The active ingredient in Taktic is Amitraz is very volatile. So, once the miticide is applied, it will eventually clear off from the hives. There won’t be any residue left. Thus it can assure safety and security of the bees as well.
· Finally, this miticide is not just useful for the bee treatment; rather you can use it for killing lice, fleas and other ticks as well for the lifeguard of other livestock agriculture.
Cons of Using Taktic Bee Treatment:
Every small thing has advantages and disadvantages. And this goes true for the Taktic bee treatment as well. So, when you are using this treatment for the beehives, get ready for some claws as well. The cons of Taktic bee treatment are listed below:
· Some mites develop resistance against Amitraz and this leads to the banned of using Taktic in some of the countries.
· This can cause death to the adult bees as reported by some of the honey beekeepers. This is nothing but a great lose to the beekeepers.
· This tactic bee treatment can also pose health risk to the beekeepers
· If you are planning to use this treatment during honey flow season, the honey super should be removed from the beehive before the application.
Leave a comment
Login to post comments